Posts Categorized: HR Advice and Tools

Do’s and Don’ts for Combating Stress in the Workplace

Do’s and Don’ts for Combating Stress in the Workplace

Posted

Workers at all levels of an organization can have related to their jobs. Stress isn’t so much dependent on the specific position, as it is the way the individual person fits in their environment. Common stressors in the workplace often include worries over layoffs, company mergers, changing jobs, implementing software, and the physical work setting….

Understaffing 101

Posted

It seems as though we are always hearing about organizations trying to make do with less.  We keep hearing the messages ‘Do it faster,’ ‘Do it better,’ and ‘Do it cheaper.’ Oh and by the way, do it all with fewer people.  While it is important for organizations to keep their costs down so that…

What to Do About Poor Employee Engagement

Posted

  A recent Gallup survey shows that employee engagement in the United States is only at 30%.  This means that the other 70% are either disinterested or have a lackadaisical attitude towards their work and/or their employer.  Obviously it’s important to have high levels of employee engagement in the workplace, as this leads to higher…

Should You Implement a Mentoring Program in Your Healthcare Facility?

Posted

Nurses are in high demand all over the country. Because of this, it’s in your best interest to hold onto them by making sure you have a pleasant work environment. One of the best ways to do this is to implement a mentoring program. Not only will this help retain new hires fresh out of…

Affordable “Perks” to Show Temp and Contract Employees They are Appreciated

Posted

How do you show your temporary and contract employees that they’re appreciated. Well, the first thing to remember is to treat them just like your other employees. But you can do more than that. Perks are a great way to show appreciation, and they don’t have to cost a fortune. Here are some ideas of…